What I’m loving right Now!
Well, my September slow down is officially gone. Â I am back to being busy, busy, and I love it (mostly). Â During the slowdown, I still had Weddings and Engagements, but mostly I just got caught up on editing all those summer Weddings. Â I also went to New Orleans on a Birthday Trip with my husband and friends ($49 each way on Southwest). I got Lasik eye surgery at the Eye Center of Texas. Â I can see better than 20/20 now! I love it. Â I also paid my 3rd Quarter Taxes (whoopee…)
I also had more free time than I normally do! Â I carved an Astros Pumpkin (Go Stros!) I decorated for Halloween. I planted a Fall Garden. I read books. I am trying out Paleo Cooking. Â I am practicing Flower arranging. Â I am also enjoying the show Entourage occasionally when I am editing.
Here are a few things I am still loving in October-
5. Audible: I have discovered just in this year that I learn much better through listening. Â I am a terribly slow reader and reading makes me fall asleep. Â Now that I can listen to books, I am flying through them, so send me your favorites! Â My recent Audible listens are State of Wonder, Big Magic, You’re never weird on the Internet. Â I liked all of these, but I really loved State of Wonder.
4. Podcast Addict: When I am spending too much or if I just need a short listen, I go to Podcasts. Â I like This American Life, and I am exploring a couple new ones, like TED Talks, The Splendid Table, and Women who Startup. Â I love to learn and there is so much stuff to learn about out there! Â Feel free to share your favorite interests right now.
3. Nom Nom Paleo – I have been trying out Paleo. Â I have been trying to work my way through this really unique cookbook. The food tastes really good. Â Desserts are a little tougher…
2. Gardening- I am still learning about how to decorate a home (I just bought the book Young House Love). Â But, I am attempting to layout some flower beds (creating them from scratch and planting low maintenance flowers). Â The yard looks great. Â I also plant some edible foods in the openings. Â I would love a good resource on how to design flowerbeds, even though I am halfway through already!
- Halloween – This is really for October, but I threw a Pumpkin Carving Party at our house and it was so fun. My husband grilled and we visited and carved pumpkins with friends and family. Â It is way too hot outside for pumpkins, but I made Roasted Pumpkin Seeds and had a blast. We’ve also put out some skulls and graveyards in the front. Â It is more than we did last year!
I am gearing up now for a busy Holiday season. Â I have 3 Destination Weddings, and lots of other fun Weddings, and I can already tell I have some awesome weddings to look forward to in 2016!